Saturday, March 2, 2013

The Chapel Part 7

Feeling a bit aimless now that the ornamental stonework is finished (apart from sanding)!  It's been an such an absorbing activity that I will have to find the motivation to crack on and finish the model.  It's at this point of a project that I often go off and do something else and then feel guilty for neglecting it.  I WILL finish it.


And after a bit of sanding and a coat of Halford's primer, it begins to look more respectable.



I have to confess to being diverted a little just recently.  I have installed DCC. Hardly necessary on such a small and simple layout but huge fun. And look, all controlled by Hornby's Railmaster.  Brilliant. Who needs to model?


4 comments:

  1. I zoomed in for a larger image of the chapel in primer and I must say that it looks superb! Don't stop now Chas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Iain. You said in one of your blog posts that painting would make or break the model. I think it was with reference to your Clay Dries. I just hope I don't manage to bodge the thing now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this on my phone last night and totally missed the primer shot - it looks fabulous just like that. An absolutely fantastic and painstaking bit of modelling. I hope I can match the quality with the Station building.
    I'm a little scared by the DCC concept - I've wired up half my layout with a power bus, which is a bit overkill for analogue control, but hopefully will leave me little wiring to do when/if I eventually take the plunge for DCC (I think I'd need a huge cash injection as none of my locos are DCC ready and I'd want sound as well...)

    Back to the modelling - keep going, keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the encouragement Lee. I hadn't realised how good DCC was at very slow speeds. I'm hooked I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...